Teacher Education and Training
Hanban (Confucius Institute Headquarters) sets up the Overseas Chinese Teachers Training Program subsidizing full-time and part-time local Chinese teachers of Confucius Institutes/Classrooms and foreign universities, colleges and schools of all levels. In 2016, 16 Chinese universities will provide 24 training courses aiming at teachers of different levels from different countries. Application starts today, and the guideline is hereby notified as follows.
1. Premise for opening a course
Each course shall be opened with more than 15 students and lasting for 1 to 4 weeks at any time of the year. Participants who pass the final test will be awarded a certificate issued by Hanban.
2. Application Deadline
Please send your application before May 31, 2016, otherwise will not be accepted.
3. Application Requirements
Applicants should be Chinese language teachers in authorized schools, non-Chinese nationality, under 60 and in good health conditions.
4. Application, Verification and Admission
1) Choose a course online through Homepage of Hanban (http://www.hanban.org) – Teachers – Overseas Chinese Teachers Training;
2) Submit the Application Form to applicants’ recommendation institutions, which should be a local Confucius Institute/ Classroom, or the Education/Culture Department(office) of the Chinese Embassy (Consulate) in respective countries;
3) After getting the recommendation institution’s approval, those applicants whose mother tongue is not Chinese shall directly contact the training academy for Chinese language proficiency test to ensure that they are qualified for the course applied (unnecessary for those applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese);
4) Contact the recommendation institutions to check the admission status.
Tuitions, teaching materials expenses and accommodation (standard double room) are covered by Hanban. Round-trip tickets shall be covered by applicants themselves.
6. Contact Information
Contact: ZHOU He