Government-sponsored Teacher Program
To promote the culture and education exchange between China and other countries, and strengthen the work of teaching Chinese as a foreign language and aid foreign in education, the Ministry of China Education and Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban), in accordance with the agreements for the education exchange between China and other countries, and considering the demand for teaching Chinese as a foreign language in other countries, have decided to send Chinese language teaching advisors and teachers to the ministries of education, universities, high and primary schools in other countries, and the organizer shall be Hanban.
Currently, there are totally 357 posts for government-sponsored teachers, covering 92 countries in America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. In 2006, 357 teachers were working on these posts.
The jobs shall be applied as follows:
I Basic Requirements for government-sponsored teachers:
1. He/she shall have Chinese nationality, be physically and mentally healthy, at the age younger than 50 years (yet for those involving non-common used languages, the age limit can be broadened up to 55 years);
2. He/she shall be decent and well-behaved, and have no criminal negligence record;
3. He/she shall love to popularize Chinese language to other countries, have strong senses of mission, glory, and responsibility and be conscientious and meticulous in work. Self-discipline and devotion are much desired;
4. He/she shall be competent in teaching, administration and coordination;
5. He/she shall be capable to adapt and communicate against the cross-cultural background;
6. He/she shall have foreign language proficiency, and be capable of skillfully using English or the native language for teaching and communication;
7. He/she shall have Chinese Putonghua proficiency with standard Putonghua pronunciation and the Mandarin test result shall be above Band Two;
8. He/she shall have a teaching history longer than 2 years and an academic diploma above bachelor degree, and be the teacher in service at university, middle or primary school engaging in the subjects of teaching Chinese as a foreign language, or teaching Chinese language, foreign language, or pedagogy. Experience of teaching Chinese as foreign language or that in other countries shall be a plus.
9. Those that satisfy the requirements on the teaching post for the government-sponsored teachers.
II. Application Procedure:
At the beginning of each year, those who satisfy the requirements on selection by the Ministry of Chine Education and on employment conditions for teaching in other countries shall have the job opportunity through the recommendation by Education Department (or Education Commission) of provincial (or municipal) level or online open recruitment. One can go abroad as a teacher according to the time schedule after being elected and interviewed by Hanban, and receiving the letter of admission from the Ministry of China Education. The term is normally two years (calculated from the date going abroad as a teacher).
III. Way of Register:
Log on by clicking, operate as required.
Talents Database Administration (Icon)
Oversea Teachers Database Administration (Icon)
- Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban Chinese Teachers Program Application Guidelines
- Post information about government-sponsored teachers (Europe)
- Post information about government-sponsored teachers (America and Oceania)
- Post information about government-sponsored teachers (Asia and Africa)
- Notice for Chinese language teachers dispatched to other countries in a long term
- Application for Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban Sponsored Chinese Teachers
- Information registration
- Ticket Order for Passenger Ticket
- Post-leaving Identification Form for Teacher Working outside the Country
- Opinion form for Relieving the Government-sponsored Teachers Working outside the Country
- Service Registration Form for Teachers Working outside the Country