2016 Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Procedure
Application Documents for Confucius Institute Scholarships
Recommending institutions and host institutions should examine the completeness, validity and accuracy of applicant’s name, nationality and permanent address on the passport. If the following documents are not in Chinese or English version, notarization documents should be provided.
I. For all applicants
1. A scanned copy of the passport photo page. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
2. Score reports of the HSK, HSKK or BCT, BCT (Speaking). Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions may submit the award certificate and the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate”.
3. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for.)
II. For degree scholarship program applicants
1. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript.
2. Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students and Scholarship for “1-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL” students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide an employment agreement or related documents with the designated teaching institution are preferred.
III. Host institutions will contact applicants directly if other materials are required.